Sous vide cooking has been around for a really long time in restaurant kitchens. But it’s popularity in homes and cafes has been a more recent trend. The cost of sous vide products has dropped over the last few years. This has been a welcome change for home and cafe cooks who can now cook meals sous vide without having to shell out a huge amount of money.
Sous vide cooking benefits
Sous vide cooking has bucket loads of benefits. Here are just 10 of them:
- Produces restaurant quality results that are impossible to achieve through any other cooking method
- Produces VERY consistent results
- Cooks food evenly from edge to edge and you don’t need to worry about it overcooking
- Health benefits a plenty. Little or no additional fat or salt is needed during cooking. Vacuum sealing food means that vitamins and minerals are not lost during the cooking process unlike boiling or steaming
- Creates amazing tastes by locking in flavors
- Can be used for a really large range of ingredients to create meat, fish, vegetable and dessert dishes as well as cocktails and sauces
- It’s easy. Set the temperature for your water bath, pop your food in (in a vacuum sealed bag), set a time and that’s it until you pull your food out ready to eat
- Super easy to finish off your sous vide food by throwing it on the grill, searing it, torching it or pan frying it to give a nice look and a crispy outer layer
- Budget friendly. Even the cheapest cuts of meat cook and become moist, juicy and tender
- Clean up is a breeze. It creates much less mess in the kitchen. In most cases you just wipe the immersion circulator or water oven clean and that’s it
New to sous vide cooking or just curious about how it works? To learn more about sous vide cooking, head to our FAQ by clicking here.
For a range of delicious sous vide recipes head to our recipe directory by clicking here.
To join the Sous Vide Hub community, subscribe here.