Bernzomatic TS8000 Blow Torch
This Bernzomatic TS8000 Blow Torch is very popular for sous vide cooking. This is because it does a fantastic job of searing, caramelizing and charring food to create a restaurant quality finish. It is easy to operate and is very well regarded as a go to product for many home cooks and commercial chefs.
It is most commonly used in sous vide cooking to sear sous vide steaks as well as caramelizing desserts such as sous vide creme brulee.
The Bernzomatic TS8000 Blow Torch can be coupled with the Searzall Torch Attachment to disperse the flame and create the perfect searing temperature without the off-putting aromas that can typically result when cooking with blow torches.
Bernzomatic TS8000 Blow Torch Details and Specifications:
- Auto start/stop ignition easily ignites and extinguishes flame
- Ultra swirl flame provides maximum heat output for large diameter which is particularly good for searing odd shaped steaks and other meats
- Cast aluminum body construction for durability
- Pressure regulated for consistent performance when tilted or momentarily inverted. This is helpful when you are trying to evenly seal your sous vide steaks
- Adjustable flame control knob for ease in switching between different applications. This also allows you to easily size the flame for different applications. That’s handy when you are searing different sized foods
- Instant on/off trigger igniter with simple one-handed operation
- Lock button keeps torch lit for finger-free use
- Doesn’t leave a nasty “gas” type flavor in your food. This is a common complaint of many blow torches.
For best results, use with MAP-Pro fuel, such as the Bernzomatic 14.1 oz. MAP-Pro Hand Torch Cylinder
Consider using the Bernzomatic TS8000 with the Searzall Torch attachment for even better sous vide cooking results
If you are looking for a torch with a lower strength flame, consider the Bernzomatic TS4000 Blow Torch
To read more about the delicious results you can achieve using a blow torch like the Bernzomatic TS8000 to finish off your sous vide meal click here
There are no reviews yet.